problem printing to PDF after system change

Wim Hooghwinkel - idtp wim at idtp.eu
Fri Jul 4 13:10:17 PDT 2008

Hi,
After changing computer I have a problem printing to PDF. I'm working on
Windows XP SP2. The error is with several files (same template) and occurs
both with FM 7.2 and FM 8. On my old system I had Acrobat and distiller 7,
the new system has CS3 (Acrobat and distiller 8). All other settings are the
same.
It's always the same page (page 5 ...), even when I remove illustrations or
change Master Page usage.

Error:
%%[ Error: typecheck; OffendingCommand: if ]%%

Stack:
/colspABC
/DeviceGray

When I print the same files on my old computer (same FM versions, same OS) I
get a PDf without problems. Asfar as I can see the only difference is the
acrobat version.

Note: I re-installed acrobat, didn't help
I reinstalled FM 7.2, didn't help.

When I first installed FM 8 on the new system, I also installed the PDF
printer. I uninstalled this before installing acrobat 8 with CS3 (later).
Can there be a conflict some how?

Anyone?

Vriendelijke groet,

Wim Hooghwinkel

Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) in FrameMaker

iDTP
International DTP and Documentation Consultancy

tel. +31652036811
info at idtp.eu
www.idtp.eu