Importing Ventura files

Plueckhahn, Lutz lutz_plueckhahn at yahoo.de
Thu Jul 3 00:43:30 PDT 2008

Thanks for your help, Jacob!

I thought Framemaker was able to import Ventura files. At least in FM7, I can select the
file type Ventura Publisher, and when I select a chp file, FM automatically suggest this
file type. But obviously, things are more difficult than I first thought.

Also, is Ventura 10 really able to open all older Ventura file formats? I doubt this, but
will try. My idea was to use Ventura (whatever version), save the existing files in a
version FM understands and then import those into FM. At least, that' what some people
seem to have managed.

Best regards,
Lutz