FM8 benefits

Rene Stephenson rinnie1 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 8 19:30:12 PDT 2008

Thanks, Matt. They already use WebWorks to get multiple help outputs using FM conditions for multiple versions and product-specific and market-specific versions, but I have mentioned the use of embedded 3D images and interactive drawings...until one of them went to the Adobe site and found out it's not as straight-forward as the marketing presentation made it seem, due to the need for a 3D graphic rendering program. And, RH in TCS doesn't work as transparently with the native FM files for single-sourcing as the old WWP, either. (As a matter of fact, I think it was someone on this list who pointed out that part...)  Personally, I think it's such a tight fiscal climate for them that any expenditure over about $200 is going to be a hard sell. I personally see the TCS value and will upgrade my personal copies, regardless of what the client does.

Rene L. Stephenson