Deleting Color Definitions

Howard Rauch techtransfer at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 11 07:41:02 PDT 2008

Frame 7.0p76
Windows XP
I am creating a template for the third version of a catalog that is to be printed in grayscale and one spot color. Since the catalog has involved quite a number of drafts to establish the layout and has gradually evolved over time, it has a goodly number of useless RGB and CMYK color definitions. Although these appear to be harmless and are, for the most part, labeled "Don't Print," I would prefer to delete them, particularly since the catalog is commercially printed and the printing firm setup crew complains about the RGB color definitions. Besides, in my view, they unnecessarily consume resources.
I have attempted to delete these colors (View/Color/Definitions), but they are not eliminated after I delete them. A message thet they are being used in the template also does not appear. What am I overlooking?
Howard Rauch

Technology Transfer, Inc.
"Linking Creators and Users of Technology"
933 North 18th Street
Manitowoc WI 54220
Office: 920-682-1528
Cell: 920-629-0080