Table Autonumbering

Sam Beard sbeard at oico.com
Mon Jul 14 12:42:26 PDT 2008

All,

   I'm on Frame 7.2p158 on Windows XP.

   I'm working on an inherited document, so I'm not sure about the
details of how things were created. There are some tables in this
chapter, with cross-references in the description text for the table.
There are two of these tables that have the numbers listed out of order
when I go to select a cross-reference target. And in one of these cases,
I added the Table Continuation variable, which is also showing up in the
list. I've never seen that before! So, what I have in my cross-reference
list is:

9.2. blah, blah, blah

9.4. blah, blah, blah

9.3. blah, blah, blah (Continued)

9.5. blah, blah, blah

9.12. blah, blah, blah

9.14. blah, blah, blah

9.15. blah, blah, blah

9.13. blah, blah, blah

9.16. blah, blah, blah

   Anyone have any clues/ideas? I recreated the 9.13. table in it's
entirety (by inserting a new table and then copying/pasting the text
from the old one). Also, while the numbers were out of order, the
Continued part wasn't included initially. It only show up after I added
the variable to the title.

   Also, while they're out of order in the cross-reference target list
in the dialog box, they are in the correct order in the document. So,
there doesn't SEEM to be a reason for this, or an ill effect on the
document. I'm just not sure of the cause and if there MIGHT be an ill
effect I'm unaware of.

Thanks much!

Samuel I. Beard, Jr.

Technical Writer