new computer woes

Owen, Clint Clint.Owen at craneaerospace.com
Tue Jul 15 07:31:39 PDT 2008

Leah,

Look in the directory where your FM files are stored for a bunch of
xxx.LCK files. FM creates one of these for each open file. If a second
user tries to open the same one, FM sees it and gives the "Can't lock
the file for your use" message. If your computer or FM crashes with
files open, the .lck files get left behind, preventing you from opening
it the next time. If you know that no one else is using the files, then
it is safe to delete them before starting FM, then they should work OK.
Otherwise, it sounds like you are having problems with Windows
permissions or with your hard drive.

Clint

Clinton Owen | Senior Technical Writer | Crane Aerospace & Electronics |
+1 425-743-8674 | F: +1 425-743-8113