new computer woes

Mike Wickham mewickham at compuserve.com
Tue Jul 15 08:29:36 PDT 2008

I didn't take time to test this, but another place to look for a possible
cause to the file locking problem is File> Preferences> General>
Cross-Platform File Naming. I'm not sure, but I think I once got your error
message when I had CPFN set to Macintosh on a Windows machine and tried to
save to a filename that was too long for Macs. Windows had let the file be
created when the setting was, earlier, set to Windows, and Frame let the
file load in Windows, but would not let it save when the Macintosh
cross-platform file naming was set.

Mike Wickham