Generating a PDF through Adobe Distiller

Brian Weis bweis.wordsmith at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 09:15:32 PDT 2008

Ah, I see now that the underlying issue was not adequately explained to me
(by Adobe last year). Thanks for this information.

I don't know about using Save as PDF. I don't use it, since so many have
> problems with it. (I print directly to the Adobe PDF printer instance.) But
> FM 7.x works fine with Acrobat 8.0, if you put the .joboptions files in the
> right place.

My suggestion to try the older Distiller was not intended as a final
solution, but a test. I apologize for not being clear. Also, I forgot about
this admonition against multiple instances, so I thank you for the reminder.