FM import to RH; Problem w/"bold" in table cells

Stan Burnett stanb at xmission.com
Sun Jul 20 10:23:52 PDT 2008

Technical Communication Suite, RoboHelp HTML, WebHelp

I'm importing a FrameMaker book into RH 7.02.

In any table cell where I have bolded a word, the output:

1) has a <span style> inserted around what was intended to be bolded
but with inappropriate font-family, font-size, and font-weight.

2) has a <span style> inserted around the remainder of the content
within the cell, with inappropriate font-family and font-size.

I have tried to bold using the ctrl-b method and using a "bold"
character tag with the same results.

Example of output without attempting to bold:

  or server that runs a version of the Windows operating system.

Example of output attempting to bold the words "General device":

font-weight: normal; font-size: 12.0pt;">General
  device</span><span style="font-family: 'Times New Roman';
font-weight: normal; font-size: 12.0pt;">
  represents any network device that uses an operating system other than
  Windows, Unix, or Linux.</span>

How can I bold words within a table cell without adding messed up code
to my html?

Thanks,
Stan