FM import to RH; Problem w/"bold" in table cells

Matt Sullivan matt at grafixtraining.com
Tue Jul 22 07:29:24 PDT 2008

Hi Stan,

I'm pretty sure what you are seeing is CSS related.

You are seeing the default conversion of the Frame formatting into RoboHelp.
When RoboHelp has no explicit conversion instructions, it attempts to retain
formatting from FM. With an explicit conversion, the HTML looks as one might
expect.

Try the following (in this order)
1 Use a character tag (like "Bold") to apply formatting to your text
2 Create the desired formatting within your CSS file (Necessary for Step 3)
3 In RoboHelp, set your character tag to convert to your new CSS item

I like using Dreamweaver for CSS editing, rather than the RoboHelp internal
editor. The current RH editor makes a bit of the CSS code tougher to get to.

You'll probably appreciate a CSS reference guide to get the proper Tag
(.bold) and Class selectors (.td.bold, and maybe .td.p.bold) defined.

For the HTML and CSS code jockeys out there, pardon me if I butchered the
CSS def's above...I refuse to hit the reference books prior to my coffee!!!