conversion table and template

Lynne A. Price lprice at txstruct.com
Mon Jul 21 16:41:50 PDT 2008

At 07:46 AM 7/16/2008, Matt Sullivan wrote:
>If memory serves, you can import both formats & EDD into the conversion
>table to automatically apply both. If not, I'm sure I'll be corrected in a
>matter of moments!

Matt,
   Not quite. You can import them into the unstructured documents. While
theoretically it's only necessary to apply a conversion table to an
unstructured document once, while you are debugging the conversion table,
it's helpful to see the results without having to import element
definitions for each test. Importing the element definitions into the
unstructured document means that they will be in each structured vesion
created.

   To get back to Wim's original question, the easiest way to import
formats and element definitions into many documents is probably to create a
book containing all the files, select all files in the book, and then
import templates and element definitions. No need to save the book if you
do not need it for anything else.

         --Lynne

Lynne A. Price
Text Structure Consulting, Inc.
Specializing in structured FrameMaker consulting, application development,
and training
lprice at txstruct.com            http://www.txstruct.com
voice/fax: (510) 583-1505      cell phone: (510) 421-2284