Em and En Dashes in Index Entries, Bookmarks. Italic text in Running Heads

Terri Schultz tjs_badger at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 23 07:11:22 PDT 2008

Hello!

This list is very useful and I have learned many new things. Thank you for sharing your knowledge!

My department runs FM 7.2 on Windows XP Professional. We print the FM files to .ps files and use Acrobat Distiller (Acrobat 7.1.0 Pro) to build pdfs.
We will be upgrading to the latest Acrobat in a few months.

Question 1:

Em and En dashes in text don't automatically carry over into index entries.
Is there a way to fix this/keep it automatic, instead of manually correcting the index entry?

Question 2:

Em and En dashes in headers don't automatically carry over into the bookmarks in the pdfs.
Is there a way to fix this/keep it automatic?

Question 3:

We use a Heading1 paragraph tag to automatically insert text into a running head. If the Heading1 paragraph tag has text tagged with a character tag (Italic), it does not carry over into the running head. Is there a way to preserve the character tag formatting from the Heading1 to the running head?

Thank you very much for any and all help!