OT: question about usage

Jim Owens jowens at magma.ca
Wed Jul 23 13:36:47 PDT 2008

Many programming languages contain functions to recognize alphabetic or
numeric characters (isAlpha, isNum, isDigit). To get an idea what words
other people choose, you can look up these functions on the Internet.

I would drop the "al" suffix, but if you're addressing a programming
audience, "alphabetic" and "numeric" are fine.