FrameMaker to HTML Simulated TOC

Jona Steenbrink jsteenbrink at bluefinrobotics.com
Wed Jul 30 15:57:12 PDT 2008

Hi all,

I have a question relating to converting FM files to HTML.

When I split up a file into several HTML files by selecting the "Start
New, Linked Web Page" option in the HTML Setup dialog, a simulated TOC
is generated in the parent document. This is extremely useful of
course, and I have no objection, but my question is this: is there any
way of changing the appearance of the simulated TOC in FM, rather than
changing the code in the generated HTML file?

There appears to be no macro for this simulated TOC in the reference
pages, and the contents of the TOC are automatically formatted with
the same font size and style as the titles to which they refer (with
added color and underline). Which makes them appear comically large
when following the leading text.

If anyone has any ideas, I would be most appreciative.

Thanks in advance,

Jona Steenbrink