Entering unicode characters directly in an FM 8 document

Amnon Yaish amnon.yaish at free.fr
Sun Jun 1 11:46:36 PDT 2008

Mike,

For U+0416, you normally do alt/0,4,1,6 . I have already heard of such
problems as you describe because of Windows' bad implementation of
Unicode at lower levels. That might be sometimes related to interaction
with a specific font.

Have you tried switching fonts? You might also have a look at a very
convenient utility called PopChar Win, which you can find at <http://
www.macility.com/products/popcharwin/> and which I use without a glitch
on Frame 8 / Windows XP (MacBook Pro+VMWare Fusion).

Good luck,

Amnon.