Entering unicode characters directly in an FM 8 document

Klaus Mueller mueller23 at web.de
Sun Jun 1 17:34:09 PDT 2008

Geoffrey,

The first method described here ("How to enter Unicode characters
in Microsoft Windows")
http://www.fileformat.info/tip/microsoft/enter_unicode.htm
does work for me in FM8.
You probably need to set the registry key EnableHexNumpad as described.

If you don't know your unicode (hex) values inside out, BabelMap
http://www.babelstone.co.uk/Software/BabelMap.html
is a cute tool to determine, convert and search for unicode chars
(valuable tip by Stefan Gentz).

Kind regards,
Klaus