Condtion color and change bar not showing

Bodvar Bjorgvinsson bodvar at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 02:40:43 PDT 2008

I was updating a file (chapter) of a book yesterday (regular, not
structured). It had been set up with conditions (deleted, inserted),
the "deleted" condition hidden and everything else showing in B/W and
no change bars.

I deleted all older conditions "deleted". Now I wanted the new
revision to show the appropriate colors for "deleted" and "inserted"
and found the condition tags to show "inserted" as green and "deleted"
as red, both with the change bar set to show. However all attempts to
show color or change bar were unsuccessful. I made a new color tag and
changed the "inserted" condition tag to show the new color, but still
no luck. So my final attempt to solve the problem was to run a compare
on the new v/s the old file and get the fresh changes in full color in
the CMP file. But I still cannot guess what was wrong with the
original file I was working on. I tried to mif-wash the file and no
luck. I tried to mif it and search for something that would shed a
light, but I found nothing that I could really point a finger at. At
least it seemed to me that the conditions were not set in a set of
opening and closing tag, rather that a condition was set until it was
overridden by another condition tag.

Can anyone shed a light on this for me?

Thanks,

Bodvar Bjorgvinsson

--
"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious."
 -- Edsel Murphy, dec.