anchored frame alignment with insertion point

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Tue Jun 3 08:09:36 PDT 2008

Aravindhan T S wrote:
> Hi,
>
> please see the image.
> http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/7730/imagealignmenttv2.png
>
> The context with the box is how i want the image to be. where the icon is
> aligned in the middle of the line. I'm manually resizing the anchored frame
> to acheive this.

Aravind,

I don't know of an automated way to do this, but I have a couple of
suggestions.

-- To eliminate extra space that will mess up your vertical separations
between lines, use the shrink-wrap command (Esc m p) to reduce the
anchored frame to exactly the size of its contents.

-- After you shrink the frame, select it again and set the Distance
above Baseline to a negative number.  (You'll have to experiment to find
the right setting, but -3 or -5 is likely to work.)  If you have to do
this often, be sure to learn the keyboard shortcuts:

Alt+s a		to open the anchored frame dialog box
Alt+d		to select the Distance value
Enter		to close the dialog box after typing the new value

-- If all your icons are the same size, you can save a suitably sized
and distanced empty anchored frame in a text frame on a reference page.
  Before importing the first graphic, copy and paste from the ref. page
into your body page, then (with the frame still selected) import the
graphic file.

-- The anchored frame dialog box settings will persist until you change
them or until you use File > Import > File with no anchored frame
selected.  Therefore, if you create one properly distanced anchored
frame, you can save time by inserting the next anchored frame *before*
importing the next graphic, then shrink-wrapping.  The Distance setting
will be unaffected.

HTH,

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator

srogers phoenix-geophysics com

Lucy: Charlie Brown, life is like a deck chair on a cruise ship.
Passengers open up these canvas deck chairs so they can sit in the sun.
Some people place their chairs facing the rear of the ship so they can
see where they've been. Other people face their chairs forward -- they
want to see where they're going. On the cruise ship of life, which way
is your deck chair facing?

Charlie Brown: "I've never been able to get one unfolded."

-- Charles Schulz