Error message

Tue Jun 3 15:44:19 PDT 2008

Harold Winberg wrote:

> We are doing a Book and when we update and then try to save we get the
> following message:
>

> Internal Error 7204, 5158200, 5112308, 5159521, FM has detected a serious
> problem and must quit.
>

> A file named "c:\program files\adobe\framemaker
> 7.2\frameLog_08.06.03_16.55.42.txt" has been generated which contains info
> that may help FM development improve the product for future use.
>

> Please describe your recent actions and send this, and the generated file,
> to fmerror at adobe.com.
>

> Due to the volume of feedback, we are unable to respond to tech questions.
>

> For support refer to http://www.adobe.com/support.
>

> Thanks

So, what's your question?

If you want help fixing the error, you'll need to provide more information. Start with FM version and OS. Then describe more specifically the steps leading up to the crash, beginning with what "doing a Book" means.

Next, tell us what standard troubleshooting you've done, potential causes you've eliminated, and anything you've learned. For instance, have you checked your free disk space and swap file size? Have you defragged your disk and cleaned up temporary files? Have you opened all the files in the book before replicating your steps? Have you removed one file from the book at a time and repeated your steps to see if you can link the crash to a specific file?

AFAIK, FM's error numbers aren't something any of us can decipher. I suspect we've all seen the rest of the crash message, and it doesn't really help. :-}

Richard

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.