Illustrator EPS compatibility

Dov Isaacs isaacs at adobe.com
Thu Jun 5 12:34:54 PDT 2008

Bubbemeissa - Grandmother's Tale! In other words, a total myth!

FrameMaker does absolutely NOTHING with the internals of placed
EPS files; it is simply passed through and around the PostScript driver
during "print" operations. As long as it is valid PostScript conforming to the
EPS specification and has a language level less than or equal to
that of the PostScript printer being sent to (Distiller is language
level 3), you should be fine!

Who gave you that mumbo-jumbo "advice"?

        - Dov