FM8 and Acrobat Pro 9

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 07:06:58 PDT 2008

Or before you do that, you may want to clarify and question Mike's
opinion on version compatibility, which I think is different than
Adobe's.

Mike's take is that Acrobat and Reader interact in some way that can
cause problems. And I disagree. As far as I know, Adobe has always
recommended that only one version of Acrobat be installed on a system.
This is the key point. Acrobat requirements do not equate to Reader
requirements.

Reader is a separate product that doesn't conflict or inter-operate
with Acrobat binaries. It's common practice to have a couple versions
of Reader installed on a box so that you can test your PDFs with
multiple versions. I've run multiple copies of Reader on a number of
systems and it hasn't produced any errors or crashes that I'm aware
of. As far as I know, Reader installations don't remove previous
versions of Reader unless a known conflict exists, and don't touch
Acrobat installations at all.

Cheers,
Art