OT: free viewer/converter software for Mac

Dave Reynolds dave.reynolds at tait.co.nz
Tue Jun 10 14:04:08 PDT 2008

Hi

Not Frame related, but I thought some of the Mac users might be able to
help.  My wife is a teacher and uses a Mac at school.  She has bought an
educational program that imports digital images, but only as bmp files.
Because she wants to import photos taken on a digital camera, she needs
to convert them from jpg to bmp.  Can anyone recommend some
freeware/shareware viewer/converter program that will allow her to do
this conversion on her Mac laptop.  I know there are many programs like
this for a PC (XnView, IrfanView, etc), but I'm a bit lost in the Mac
world.  I did find a Mac version of XnView, but it's a beta and doesn't
support file conversion yet.

Thanks

Dave

--

Dave Reynolds                         Phone: (64) (3) 358 1029
Senior Technical Author               Fax: (64) (3) 359 4632
Tait Electronics Ltd                  Email: dave.reynolds at tait.co.nz
PO Box 1645
Christchurch
New Zealand

addressee.  It is subject to copyright, is confidential and may be
lost by reason of this transmission.
other act on the email.