MS Word vs. Frame

Angela Akridge angela.akridge at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 18:40:05 PDT 2008

I convinced them to use Frame. I kinda said, "no way in hell" am I gonna
recommend Word. My basis was exactly what this group pointed out: they
aren't using the Word capabilities that are required (e.g. styles, etc), so
if I'm gonna train the pm, I might as well train him on Frame. I also scared
him by saying that writers just don't like Word, so recruiting would be
difficult. You asked about the project manager. The pm is the Product
Management VP, Engineering VP, Recruiter, and "tech writer".  Poor guy.

I'll probably use Frame/WebWorks solution. I like ePublisher Pro because it
works well with Frame, but I'd go with MadCap Flare (without Frame), if I
can convince the company that they don't need manuals, but that's a more
difficult argument to make. :)

Angela

Angela Akridge