How FM use impacts purchasing decisions

Rene Stephenson rinnie1 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 19 12:37:09 PDT 2008

Thanks for the CMS reminder, DJ, as well as the giggles. :o)

I think the Wikipedia article Milan posted indicates  XP SP2 support through July 2010, even though new licenses aren't supposed to be available after June 2008. Maybe over the next two years a better option will emerge from the fog.

Dual boot is an interesting idea, but it's my impression that  Vista matches hard drive serial number with OS serial number and snoops everything on the hard drive, which means I'd be surprised if that worked...and I'm also scratching my head about what the cost/benefit  in time/productivity would be. I'm sure I'm missing something...maybe it's in the bottom of my espresso cup.

Rene L. Stephenson