How FM use impacts purchasing decisions

Butler, Darren J CTR USAF AFMC 584 CBSS/GBHAC Darren.Butler.ctr at Robins.af.mil
Thu Jun 19 13:05:22 PDT 2008

Yeah, you are probably right, Rene. The dual-boot question was just a
stab in the dark.
My entire office may be forced to up(...down??)-grade to Vista in the
hopefully-not-to-near future. Our vehement petition for a stay of
execution may be ignored in favor of the IT UBER-POLICY, unless we can
come up with a compromise.

Cost/benefit and time/productivity be hanged; we're talking survival
here!

DJ Butler

-----Original Message-----
From: Rene Stephenson [mailto:rinnie1 at yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2008 3:37 PM
To: Butler, Darren J CTR USAF AFMC 584 CBSS/GBHAC;
framers at frameusers.com
Subject: Re: How FM use impacts purchasing decisions

Thanks for the CMS reminder, DJ, as well as the giggles. :o)

I think the Wikipedia article Milan posted indicates  XP SP2 support
through July 2010, even though new licenses aren't supposed to be
available after June 2008. Maybe over the next two years a better option
will emerge from the fog.

Dual boot is an interesting idea, but it's my impression that  Vista
matches hard drive serial number with OS serial number and snoops
everything on the hard drive, which means I'd be surprised if that
worked...and I'm also scratching my head about what the cost/benefit  in
time/productivity would be. I'm sure I'm missing something...maybe it's
in the bottom of my espresso cup.

Rene L. Stephenson