Arial being changed to ArialMT in PDF

Syed.Hosain at aeris.net Syed.Hosain at aeris.net
Thu Jun 19 17:51:18 PDT 2008

> Arial has strong similarities to Helvetica (although it really can't
> be called a "knock-off" due to many differences in style, although the
> Arial shipped these days has "set widths" that closely match those of
> the Helvetica base fonts in PostScript printers) - very bland san
serif
> font that may be great for road signage, but ...

Recently, someone took a look at my documents and recommended I do a
comparison between Arial (which is what I was using) and Helvetica.

So, I printed out a few pages of text (including mostly titles and
headings) at the various sizes that I was using, in both fonts - and
Helvetica came out looking much better in both print and on-screen!

Needless to say, I converted all my text that used Arial to Helvetica.
:)