FrameMaker on Windows - Issues Discussed Today

rinch at Inficon.com rinch at Inficon.com
Fri Jun 20 06:01:44 PDT 2008

Dov,

Thank you for taking the time to write your e-mails to the Framers E-Mail
List. Your insight and helpfulness is always greatly appreciated.

Your comment, "Large enterprises are notoriously slow in changing their
standard software configurations" certainly hits home with me. As a
manager in a large enterprise, I've been trying to upgrade from FrameMaker
6 for years now. Sometimes I think we will never upgrade, no matter how
well I present my arguments to do so. It all boils down to money and
customer satisfaction. My customers are very happy with my manuals, and
upper management is loathe to spend money to improve a process that
currently works very well.

Obviously, you are a tremendous proposal writer. How you justified the
computer system you use (and a 30" monitor no less) is nothing short of
amazing to me. If I were to put in a request for such a system, I probably
could hear my IS department laughing even though we are at opposite ends
of the building.

Again, thank you for taking the time to monitor and respond to the Framers
E-Mail List

Richard