Sort order of entries in an index

Tammy Van Boening Tammy.VanBoening at healthlanguage.com
Tue Jun 24 18:33:00 PDT 2008

Thanks!

-----Original Message-----
From: Lester C. Smalley [mailto:lsmalley at infocon.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 24, 2008 4:12 PM
To: Tammy Van Boening
Cc: framers at lists.frameusers.com
Subject: RE: Sort order of entries in an index

Put the "sort order" info in square brackets (e.g. [aaa] ) not angle
brackets:

	<$nopage>changing:see also modifying[aaa]

On Tuesday, June 24, 2008 18:04, Tammy Van Boening wrote:

| A long time ago, in a valley far, far away, I know I did this, but I
| don't remember how! Under the letter "C" in my index, under the
| IndexLev1 entry of changing, I want the first entry to be changing:see

| also modifying (and not a page number) and I can't for the life of me
| remember how to format the index marker for this. Right now, I have
| <$nopage>changing:see also modifying<aaa>, but I am getting the entry
| sorted as is. The attempt to force it to the top by using <aaa> is not

| working, but I swear I did this before, but using <zzz> to get an
entry
| to the bottom of a list at all times.
|
| Help!
|
| TIA,
|
| TVB
|
| Tammy Van Boening
| Health Language, Inc.
|
| (303) 307-4400 x254 (office)
| (303) 375-0656 (fax)
| www.healthlanguage.com

- Lester
Lester C. Smalley              Email: lsmalley AT infocon DOT com
Information Consultants, Inc.  Phone: 302-239-2942 FAX: 302-239-1712
Yorklyn, DE  19736               Web: www.infocon.com
----
NOTICE BY HEALTH LANGUAGE, INC.
This message, as well as any attached document, contains information from Health Language, Inc. that is confidential.  The information is intended only for the use of the addressee named above.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited, and may be unlawful.  If you have received this message in error, please delete all electronic copies of this message and its attachments, if any, destroy any hard copies you may have created, without disclosing the contents, and notify the sender immediately.  Unless expressly stated otherwise, nothing contained in this message should be construed as a digital or electronic signature, nor is it intended to reflect an intention to make an agreement by electronic means.