Formatting List of Figures/List of Tables

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 04:49:52 PDT 2008

Mathieu,
First, change the formatting of the autonumbering to have two
different numbering tracks so the numbers of Tables aren't incremented
by Figures and vice versa. Add a letter to the beginning of the
numbering string:
T:Tableau <$chapnum> - <n+>
F:Figure <$chapnum> - <n+>
Save and import the updated para tags into all files.

Second, on the Reference page for each list, format the entry for the
paragraphs so that in picks up each component number:
<$paranum>  <$paratext> <$pagenum>

Third, no. In general, I/we follow a style guide, usually the Chicago
Manual of Style, which verifies that they should be separate. If you
don't, in the TOC, import each of the generated lists as a text
insert. If you do this, you should manually update the insets after
updating the book, to make sure that old information isn't carried
over.

Art

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
 No disclaimers apply.