Opening same-document links in a new window

Jo Watkiss JoWatkiss at watkiss.com
Fri Jun 27 09:16:38 PDT 2008

Each of our product manuals is published as a single PDF file.  Within
them there are frequent cross-references to destinations in the same
file.  We have received a request for these links to open in a new
window.  We insert these links as normal cross-references in FrameMaker.

Is it possible to achieve this without manually changing the links after
the PDF file is generated?
I know the user can do this with right-click > open link in new window,
but it seems this is too difficult for them.

Any suggestions much appreciated.
TIA.
(FrameMaker 6.0, Acrobat Professional 8)
Disclaimer    http://www.watkiss.com/terms.htm
This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed.
Any views or opinions presented are solely that of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Watkiss Automation Ltd.
If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited.
If you received this email in error please notify Watkiss Automation Ltd on telephone +44 1767 685700.