PDF>FrameMaker>PDF Color Issue

Richard Doll sgmlindy at tds.net
Tue Mar 4 08:07:43 PST 2008

Why is the color within ".pdf" files containing ".eps" objects totally
ravaged by the Windows RGB GDI upon "Import>File".
Upon "Print" for output, black and grayscale images yield some % of yellow
and Pantone SPOT is no longer accurately definable by any pre-press software
"PDF to printing-plate system".

Adobe does own the copyrights to all the applications involved with this
issue.
Can you divine a wholly complete solution within FrameMaker other than "Tech
Note" ID 324220
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=324220 which in a
name is a "kluge"

What could induce the creators of the software that provides us livelihood
and compensation, to have this seemingly small issue resolved?
So . . . it isn't a small issue . . .  Adobe isn't a small corporation
either.
Adobe has denied access to CMYK GDI OS hardware/applications while denying
RGB GDI OS hardware/applications to correctly interpret color for printing.

My customers are depending on color to help market their products.
What path do you suggest that I take to enable them in reaching their goals.

Adobe is depending on their customers to sell their products.
Come-on Adobe guys and gals . . . suck it up and make FrameMaker colorful
and happy!

I am a Windows XP user of  MSWord,Excel,VisBasic,etc,
AdobeFrameMaker,InDesign,PShop,Illust AcroPro,etc,
My thanks to Grafikhuset Publi PDF and Ghostscript. for 6 years of enableing
the solution of  all the color issues
except for this one of  IMPORTING PDF INTO FrameMaker.

best to all,

dick doll
317.539.4857
sgmlindy at tds.net