OT: Is there an easy way to manage graphics shared in many FM files?

Rene Stephenson rinnie1 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 5 12:52:04 PST 2008

I have a license personally, but the company never bought one. I'llpitch it to them again, as a MUST HAVE in the current environment.(wish me luck)

I do create help files with WebWorks, but I'venever been able to get them to upgrade to ePublisher. We're stuck withWWP Pro 8.x.

I'll pop over to the AutoImager site and check thatout. I know there is a small budget for software remaining, and if Ican fit FS and AutoImager into it, that looks like money very wellspent.

As for the current graphics, we have a tree structure like this:
DocProjects
    Common
            Templates
            SharedFMfiles
                    GraphicsForSharedFiles
            SharedTextInsets
                    GraphicsForInsets
    Product1
            FMfiles (contains multiple .book and .fm files for various flavors of product1 docs)
            GraphicsImported
    Product2
            FMfiles (contains multiple .book and .fm files for various flavors of product2 docs)
            GraphicsImported
    ...[all other product folders in similar hierarchy]...
    System
            SysDescFMfiles
            SysMaintFMfiles (these .fm files have imported graphics files from all over the other product folders)
            SysGraphicsImported

GraphicsRepository (95% of the AI/CDR/VSD/DXF/DWG source files are here)
    container1
           [unrestrained folder depth with no readily identifiable theme for organization]
    container2
           [unrestrained folder depth with no readily identifiable theme for organization]
    container...
           [unrestrained folder depth with no readily identifiable theme for organization]

I think maybe the repository issues are beyond the scope of FS to deal with...?

Rene