FM abruptly closes with no save

Diane Gaskill dgcaller at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 14 03:02:59 PDT 2008

Hi Framers,

I run FM8.02 on a laptop running XPSP2 with 2GB of RAM.  I have recently
experienced several crashes in situations that I never had crashes with when
using FM7.0.  Sometimes it saves and I get a recovery file, but most of the
time it does not save, it just halts and the FM window closes.  When it
comes back up, it acts like nothing happened.  No error messages, no
nothing.  Business as usual.  Wot, who me?

I know that Adobe people do monitor this list (and have for many years) so I
need to ask - what is the best way to report this? I have a couple of dumps
I can send.

I'd also suggest to the other FM users on the list who have posted about
their crashes, that they report their crashes too.  Posting them on the list
is good and maybe someone knows a workaround for some situations, but the
more Adobe has to work with, the better chance they have of finding the bug
and fixing it.  It sounds like a bug to me.

Diane Gaskill
(former tech support engineer)