Automatically inserting "blank page" text

FeiMin_Lorente at amis.com FeiMin_Lorente at amis.com
Mon Mar 17 07:44:12 PDT 2008

I have some unstructured manuals and if there is a blank page at the end
of a chapter (because we want all the chapters to begin on a right-hand
page), we put "This page left blank for printing purposes." Right now I'm
manually deciding when the text should appear (meaning I have to look for
a blank page and put the right paragraph on it). Is there any way of
automating this so that FrameMaker detects when the last page of a file
has no content (other than a header and footer) and either uses a
different master page or a particular paragraph type?

I'm using FrameMaker 7.2 on Windows XP.
Fei Min Lorente
Senior Technical Communicator
AMI Semiconductor Canada Company