Automatically inserting "blank page" text

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Mon Mar 17 11:09:42 PDT 2008

FeiMin_Lorente at amis.com wrote:
> I have some unstructured manuals and if there is a blank page at the end
> of a chapter (because we want all the chapters to begin on a right-hand
> page), we put "This page left blank for printing purposes." Right now I'm
> manually deciding when the text should appear (meaning I have to look for
> a blank page and put the right paragraph on it). Is there any way of
> automating this so that FrameMaker detects when the last page of a file
> has no content (other than a header and footer) and either uses a
> different master page or a particular paragraph type?
>
> I'm using FrameMaker 7.2 on Windows XP.

I don't know how to automate that.  Myself, I insert a small version of
the company logo as an end-of-chapter indicator, and just avoid the
whole issue.  Have you considered that approach?

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator

srogers phoenix-geophysics com

I'll stop saying Microsoft is arrogant when
Windows stops saying "Welcome" and instead asks "May I?"