MadCap Blaze

quills at airmail.net quills at airmail.net
Fri Mar 21 18:58:25 PDT 2008

The problem is that XML and by extention XHTML describe content, not
presentation or formatting. HTML is designed to present data in a
formatted state (XHTML is designed to allow the content author to
define the structure and presentation). But HTML does not have the
control built into it for printed media. It can be used, but is a
pale shadow of what can be done with a word processor, much less
dedicate apps like FrameMaker or InDesign.

The data format is text for Gods sake. And  Blaze's output to print
is through PDF or XPS. Fine, but it means you have to define your
output. A second step of design that you don't do with FrameMaker or
InDesign, or even Word.

Scott