Start a Conflagration

Hedley Finger hfinger at handholding.com.au
Sun Mar 23 02:05:08 PDT 2008

Sharon and you'all:

At Saturday, 22/03/2008, 12:18 AM;, you wrote:
>Blaze the FrameMaker killer?  Don't make me laugh.

Perhaps the expectations of us FrameMaker users were
raised to high by maladroit early marketing bumf.  And no
doubt you did not expect such a negative reaction, fuelled mostly
by the fact that the native file format is XHTML.

Perhaps a little more preselling that was nearer the reality
just before release would have garnered a more favourable
reception.  I know I submitted a number of suggestions
during development that seemed to be favourably received and
perhaps led me to believe that Blaze really was a FrameMaker
killer.  And because of the slow pace of FM development and the
many features and usability fixes the FM needs made me
overenthusiastic about Blaze.

Have you considerd a feature-comparison table of Blaze v. FM
features?  Initially, you appear to be releasing an unstructured
application, so a comparison of just the appropriate features is
in order.

I don't have a problem with CSS for print per se, as it supports
many formatting features, especially when CSS3 is released.  In fact,
there are a couple of XML to PDF products that use CSS2.1 with proprietary
print extensions anticipating CSS3.

Regards,
Hedley

--
Hedley Stewart Finger
28 Regent Street   Camberwell VIC 3124   Australia