Framers Digest, Vol 31, Issue 10

tom.kohn at kodak.com tom.kohn at kodak.com
Sun May 11 13:37:56 PDT 2008

Hello Anneke,

Is the problem stemming from an incorrect sort order imported from
Windows?
Is the problem an unfamiliarity with the target language?
Is your question more about how to use FrameMaker functions best to make
the sort more efficient?

For the last possibility, I've read advice to convert the text of the
index into a table, sort the table using FM functions, and then reconvert
the table to text. (It sounds simple, but that's just the overview to the
work.)

Tom Kohn

Message: 7