How to make cross references in text insets work

Heidi Bailey heidi.bailey at oxsemi.com
Mon May 12 02:57:11 PDT 2008

Hi,

We are starting to use text insets. The inset file has cross refs to
figures or tables within the text inset. When the inset is imported by
reference, these cross refs don't work.

We found an article that explained how to apply hypertext commands
Specify Named Destination and Jump to Named Destination to the cross
refs. In theory (and in practice when using Message URL and mailto
hyperlinks), hyperlinks in insets work. However, we can't get these
hypertexted cross refs to work.

Anyone have any ideas about how to make them work? We use Framemaker 7.2
and do not have any fancy add-ons.

Thanks,

Heidi Bailey