Burning eyes (was look and feel)

Leah Smaller leah at compulite.com
Mon May 12 04:38:05 PDT 2008

Frank wrote: "Now I know why my eyes burn at
the end of the day..its those damned rays!"

Do not blame the rays. To avoid burning eye syndrome, it is very important to follow a few basic rules.

1. Remember to blink. This sounds like a no-brainer, but studies have shown that we tend not to blink when looking at the monitor (this includes kids who play computer games).

2. Build micro breaks into your work day. Use your micro breaks to look away from your screen and focus on some point in the distance. If you are lucky enough to have a windw and a horizon, look at the horizon for a few minutes or do some other task like WC break, making coffee, filing, neatening up your workspace.

3. Perform some simple eye exercises.

Remember - you are responsible for your own health.

Leah Smaller
Technical Communicator
Certified Feldenkrais Method practitioner
leah at compulite.com

"What you truly learn best will appear to you later as your own discovery." (Dr. Moshe Feldenkrais)