Searching Framers archives (was RE: FrameMaker on Japanese OS)

Tue May 13 07:16:23 PDT 2008

Paul Findon wrote:

> Incidentally, when I ran Update from the Help menu, I had to quit FM
> manually while the update downloaded, otherwise the update failed. I
> remembered reading about this on the list but couldn't search the
> archives because frameusers.com has been down for weeks.
> freeframers.org has a working archive search tool. Brad, what's
> happening to frameusers? Please can we have a search facility.

You can use Google. Enter "<search string> site:frameusers.com" (sans
quotes). Or you can browse the archives (by thread, subject, author, or
date) at: http://lists.frameusers.com/pipermail/framers/

That said, a Google search for "framemaker update site:frameusers.com"
turned up some posts about the 8.0.1 update, but nothing about the issue
you mentioned. Maybe browsing the archives around the date of those
posts will turn up something.

HTH!
Richard

Richard G. Combs