Incorrect special characters

Baruch Brodersen Baruch.Brodersen at bigbandnet.com
Thu May 15 04:55:57 PDT 2008

David,

The shortcuts apply to the Symbol character set and not the Standard Windows character set. Changing your font or creating a symbol character format solve that part of your difficulties.

Also, the keystroke sequence seems to be off slightly. Instead of Ctrl+q+3, you should type Ctrl+q 3, that is, press Ctrl and q at the same time, release the keys, then press 3.

B a r u c h   B r o d e r s e n

T e c h n i t e x t   D o c u m e n t a t i o n   I n c

******************************

You wrote:

I am trying to insert the following special characters using FrameMaker 7.2.

I have tried the FrameMaker character sets PDF provided by Microtype for FrameMaker 7.2 and also the character sets listed for FrameMaker 8 on the FrameMaker resources website.

But they appear as the wrong symbols.

*     ≥ (greater than or equal to) Ctrl + q + 3 or ANSI 0179

*     ≠ (not equal to) Ctrl + q + 9 or ANSI 0185

*     ≤ (less than or equal to) Ctrl + q + # or ANSI 0163 (according to microtype) ANSI 0162 According to FrameMaker 8 manual

Any suggestions?

David Kuhn

Technical Writer, PBG

+1.972.9.776.1956 (desk)

+1.972.54.307.8987 (mobile)

AMDOCS > CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE SYSTEMS INNOVATION