What version of Frame to Get Started ?

Peter Courlis neat_gent at yahoo.com
Thu May 15 06:53:53 PDT 2008

Good Morning,

I want to learn more about Framemaker,
I have Ver. 5.5 and have fooled with that but
need more experience...

The prices of the latest version scare me, unless
I had a contract or revenue input from writing...

Recognizing that ver. 5.5 has basic functionality,
what would be a next step?
Is it worth searching EBay for ver. 6.0 or try
to find ver. 7.1 at a reasonable price?

On occasion, I find late versions of "Upgrade" packages
available on EBay... Would some version of Upgrade 7.0
(or 7.1) bring my ver. 5.5 up to the next current level?

The recent List discussion on Jahred's "Beyond the Basics"
has stirred my curiosity,  therefore I have found a copy
of that text to read and review...

Any comments appreciated
A (latent) newbie Writer.

-pc