What version of Frame to Get Started ?

Diane Gaskill dgcaller at earthlink.net
Thu May 15 21:32:34 PDT 2008

Hi everyone,

While I understand the rationale of starting with a later version, I'd like
to suggest that selecting a version of FM as a starter depends on what your
goals are.  If all you want to do is learn the basics, I'd suggest no
earlier than FM6, as the GUI changed significantly from 5.5 to 6 and so did
the book-level features.  If you want to start working with XML, then 7.2
would be the earliest version to use.

- just my rusty penny's worth

Diane