default "reply-to-all" (was Re: FrameMaker 8.0.3 Update NowAvailable (POSSIBLE WORKAROUND))

Paul Findon pfindon at infopage.net
Fri May 16 12:25:42 PDT 2008

Hi Richard,

You are quite right. I did not address Alan's argument, the reason
being that his points did not resonate with me.

> - You reply to a message on the list. Assuming that you are
> replying to
> the sender, you include information that is personal, privileged, or
> inappropriate-for-public-consumption. Your reply goes to the entire
> list. The damage is done.

Maybe. But it's highly unlikely that I would be replying to a message
from a mailing list dedicated to a software product for technical
authoring and publishing with anything that's personal, privileged,
or inappropriate for public consumption.

> - You reply to a message on the list. It goes to the sender. With two
> mouse clicks, you correct the oversight and direct your reply to
> the list.

What normally happens to me with Framers is that I reply to a message
with some info that I believe will of interest to other Framers and
may trigger a response, or I add a new sub question. Then, after
several days I remember the thread and wonder why no one has
responded. I check the message I sent and discover that once again
I've been fooled by Framers non-standard reply mechanism.

Paul