roundtrip documentation and help (Framemaker/Robohelp - chickenoregg?

Deirdre Reagan deirdre.reagan at gmail.com
Wed May 21 11:36:29 PDT 2008

As I have no idea what this conversation is about (great way to open a
discussion in which I offer my thoughts!), I googled "round-trip" and
the Wikipedia definition says something along the lines of (no, wait,
it's actually a direct quote):

"The term round-trip is commonly used in document conversion
particularly involving markup languages such as XML and SGML. A
successful round-trip consists of converting a document in format A
(docA) to one in format B (docB) and then back again to format A
(docA′). If docA and docA′ are identical then there has been no
information loss and the round-trip has been successful. More
generally it means converting from any data representation and back
again, including from one data structure to another."

Have I added anything to the conversation?  Or have I just told you
what you already know?

Dying to sit at the grown-ups table,

Deirdre