publishing problems for Kazakh

Anneke von den Hoff a.vondenhoff at tedopres.com
Thu May 29 01:42:13 PDT 2008

Hello Framers,

I hope there is someone out there who can help me…

I am publishing a document in Kazakh language in Structured FrameMaker7.2 in combination with a CMS.

For Russian and sort-like languages I use Arial Cyr, with a unicode mapping table

Kazakh uses some extended cyrillic characters not supported by Arial CYR.

(Бұл жалпы шолу бөлімі қолдану барысында тағамдарыңызды пісіру және қайнатудың )

I use PragmaticaI to publish Kazakh, and in FrameMaker it works fine (I must admit that mapping the small character (қ) was not possible….).

But when I print this document to printer or to file (PDF) two charactes (Қ and қ)  don’t publish, they leave a blanc.

Now I have no idea what causes this, and more important how to solve this.

Is there anyoune who has some experience with this?

Is my font not correct? Does anyone know about another font?

Thanks in advance!

Anneke Von den Hoff

Disclaimer
Dit E-mailbericht inclusief eventuele bijlagen is vertrouwelijk en uitsluitend bestemd voor de bedoelde geadresseerden. Indien dit E-mailbericht niet voor u bestemd is,
verzoeken wij u ons hiervan op de hoogte te stellen en vervolgens dit bericht te
verwijderen. Openbaarmaking, vermenigvuldiging, modificatie, verspreiding en/of
verstrekking van de inhoud en/of bijlagen aan derden is niet toegestaan.

The information contained in this E-mail message and any attachments
hereto is privileged and confidential information intended only for the use
of the intended recipient(s) or their designee. If you, as a reader of this message, are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication by you is strictly prohibited.
If this communication has reached you in error, please immediately notify us
and delete the original message from your mail system.