IS THIS POSSIBLE AT ALL

Robert Evans Robert.Evans at arc.com
Thu May 29 04:42:16 PDT 2008

Hi Michael,

It is possible - provided that your section numbers are generated using paragraph autonumbering.

First, if you've not already generated an index for the doc, do so.

Then, in the generated index file, view the references pages. There should be a page called IX (with a flow called IX). This page controlls the sort order of the index, and other things like the appearance of index entries.

One of the paras on the page should be:

	<$pagenum>

Change it to:

	<$paranumonly[Section]>-<$pagenum>

Where "Section" should be changed to the paragraph tag you are using for your sections. It's a good idea to use a non-breaking hyphen (esc hyphen h) so that the section and page numbers don't get split in the index.

Regenerate the index and you should get the required X-PP format.

Rob