Running Header in a Continued File?

Fred Ridder docudoc at hotmail.com
Fri May 30 11:13:48 PDT 2008

Pat Fortino wrote:

>Hi Fred,
>
>Thanks for the reply. The reason I am splitting the chapters is
>that our chapters start out as portrait for several pages and
>then go to landscape. Because I don't know when the break
>will be, I want to use automatic left/right pages to assign the
>landscape pages which go on for 40 some pages.
>
>I guess any way I do it, it will require manual intervention to
>make it work.
>
>I think the $volnum variable as text might solve the problem.

Another approach that might work for you is to make the
landscape pages the default left/right master pages and the
handful of portrait pages be the manually-assigned non-default
cases. Once this is set up, the only time you'd have to futz
with it is if the number of introductory portrait pages changes;
the number of landscape pages can expand or contract as
necessary with no further attention because they use the default.

-FR