long target names in xref dialog

Laurie Little llittle at words-tw.com
Tue Nov 11 07:56:47 PST 2008

We have a document that is set up with the H1s as the menu path name (so as
to facilitate auto-population of  online help).

Some of these paths are quite long, with the result that the targets listed
in the cross-reference dialog are indistinguishable because many start the
same way, and the dialog box is not resizable.

We have identified a few workarounds for this, including manually creating
distinct cross-reference markers in the text, or (less desirable for this
project) changing the structure of the H1s.

Does anyone have any other ideas?
Thanks,